The most requested feature on Monica (since the last one) was the ability to designate an existing contact as a significant other or a child. With 0.6.3, this is now possible.
How does it work
When you add a significant other or a kid, you now have access to two new things:
- You can either create a partial contact, or a real contact when adding this new person. A partial contact is the old way of doing things: those contacts are not listed in the list of contacts, and you can't add specific reminders or notes about them. A "real" contact will actually create a new contact entry for this person, and you will be able to add their own children or significant others to them.
- Instead of creating a new contact, you can simply link an existing contact to be a kid or a significant other of this contact.
This change was the biggest change in the codebase so far, and the one that took the most time. For the ones who host Monica themselves, be careful when updating your instance - make sure you backup the database before upgrading.
Other important changes in this release
- For the ones who like polygamy, you can have more than one significant other per contact.
- New translations added: Italian, German. Thank you to the community for this.
- Add support for Markdown on the Notes and the Log calls. This will let you use lists, for instance.
- We now support all the currencies in the world.
- A lot of bug fixes as well as some security bugfixes.
- We've started to use Tachyons as a new CSS framework. This will gradually replace Bootstrap.
Version 0.6.3 is already in production, and as always, you can install it on a server that you own.